Petty Cash General Information

The Petty Cash reimbursement process is only available to those departments that have received advance approval for, and have previously obtained an actual Petty Cash fund.  Petty Cash funds are only allowed in certain, limited situations (ex - a change bank needed to operate a retail cash register drawer, etc).  The majority of UNM departments are able to operate without a Petty Cash fund, and instead use alternatives such as PCard, reimbursements in Chrome River or Requisitions/Purchase Orders for their purchases.


Click here to view UNM Policy 7210:  Petty Cash Fund


Departments with existing Petty Cash funds can use the online Petty Cash Management Application to submit reimbursement requests, request increases/decreases to their funds, change the Custodian for their fund, or close their fund.


Click here to login and access the Petty Cash Management Application with your NetID and password.


Petty Cash Management Application Instructions: